it’s the monday giggles….
It may be a tad pre-mature, but the weather is so wonderfully unseasonable I’ve decided it’s officially time for my (drumroll…) Annual Spring joke!
What is invisible and smells like worms?
Okay, so admittedly I’m not very good at telling jokes.
I AM HAPPIER THAN I DESERVE
I DON’T CARE
HOW MUCH I SHOW IT!
AND i do always hope-ity hope everyone will join in the joy right beside me!
“Have the courage to be happy!”
Pope Francis at World Youth Day 2012
In what has been tagged ‘Pope Francis’ 10 Commandments for a Happy Life,’ he stressed his motto of ‘Live and let live’ as the main ingredient for a happy life!
Here’s the list of the Pope’s guidelines to happiness, according to a Catholic News Service translation of his interview:
1. “Live and let live.”
2. “Be giving of yourself to others…If you withdraw into yourself, you run the risk of becoming egocentric…And stagnant water becomes putrid.”
3. “Proceed calmly [in life].”
4. “A healthy sense of leisure…Consumerism has brought us anxiety, [causing us to lose a] healthy culture of leisure.” [At this point, the pope also urged families to turn off the TV when they’re eating together.]
5. “Sunday is for family.”
6. “We need to be creative with young people. If they have no opportunities, they will get into drugs.”
7. “[Environmental degradation] is one of the biggest challenges we have. I think a question that we’re not asking ourselves is: ‘Isn’t humanity committing suicide with this indiscriminate and tyrannical use of nature?”
8. “Needing to talk badly about others indicates low self-esteem. That means, ‘I feel so low that instead of picking myself up I have to cut others down.’ Letting go of negative things quickly is healthy.”
9. “We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating. But the worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyzes: ‘I am talking to you in order to persuade you.’ No. Each person dialogues, starting with his and her own identity. The church grows by attraction, not proselytizing.”
10. “We are living in a time of many wars, [and] the call for peace must be shouted. Peace sometimes gives the impression of being quiet, but it is never quiet, peace is always proactive.”
I just love our Papa!
And through Sacred Scripture, I believe God affirms what Pope Francis is saying! Here are a few of my personal favorites, which take me to my happy place.
John 16:33 – I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Revelation 21:4 – And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things have passed away.
1 John 4:8 – He who does not love does not know God; for God is love.
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things in him who strengthens me.
Exodus 14:14 – The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be still.
Romans 8:28 – We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are the called according to his purpose.
Lots to smile about!
Lots to be happy for!
Praise, praise, praising Him,
all the more!!
And then of course there’s this little blessing to be happy & giggly over!
hugs n’ blessings to all those “courageous enough to be happy!!”
*Music by Pharrell Williams.