it’s the monday giggles….
It may be a tad pre-mature, but the weather is so wonderfully unseasonable I’ve decided it’s officially time for my (drumroll…) Annual Spring joke!
What is invisible and smells like worms?
Okay, so admittedly I’m not very good at telling jokes.
I AM HAPPIER THAN I DESERVE
I DON’T CARE
HOW MUCH I SHOW IT!
AND i do always hope-ity hope everyone will join in the joy right beside me!
“Have the courage to be happy!”
Pope Francis at World Youth Day 2012
In what has been tagged ‘Pope Francis’ 10 Commandments for a Happy Life,’ he stressed his motto of ‘Live and let live’ as the main ingredient for a happy life!
Here’s the list of the Pope’s guidelines to happiness, according to a Catholic News Service translation of his interview:
1. “Live and let live.”
2. “Be giving of yourself to others…If you withdraw into yourself, you run the risk of becoming egocentric…And stagnant water becomes putrid.”
3. “Proceed calmly [in life].”
4. “A healthy sense of leisure…Consumerism has brought us anxiety, [causing us to lose a] healthy culture of leisure.” [At this point, the pope also urged families to turn off the TV when they’re eating together.]
5. “Sunday is for family.”
6. “We need to be creative with young people. If they have no opportunities, they will get into drugs.”
7. “[Environmental degradation] is one of the biggest challenges we have. I think a question that we’re not asking ourselves is: ‘Isn’t humanity committing suicide with this indiscriminate and tyrannical use of nature?”
8. “Needing to talk badly about others indicates low self-esteem. That means, ‘I feel so low that instead of picking myself up I have to cut others down.’ Letting go of negative things quickly is healthy.”
9. “We can inspire others through witness so that one grows together in communicating. But the worst thing of all is religious proselytism, which paralyzes: ‘I am talking to you in order to persuade you.’ No. Each person dialogues, starting with his and her own identity. The church grows by attraction, not proselytizing.”
10. “We are living in a time of many wars, [and] the call for peace must be shouted. Peace sometimes gives the impression of being quiet, but it is never quiet, peace is always proactive.”
I just love our Papa!
And through Sacred Scripture, I believe God affirms what Pope Francis is saying! Here are a few of my personal favorites, which take me to my happy place.
John 16:33 – I have said this to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Revelation 21:4 – And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things have passed away.
1 John 4:8 – He who does not love does not know God; for God is love.
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things in him who strengthens me.
Exodus 14:14 – The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be still.
Romans 8:28 – We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are the called according to his purpose.
Lots to smile about!
Lots to be happy for!
Praise, praise, praising Him,
all the more!!
And then of course there’s this little blessing to be happy & giggly over!
hugs n’ blessings to all those “courageous enough to be happy!!”
*Music by Pharrell Williams.
8 thoughts on “cause i’m happy!”
Thank you for your whole blog. what is written the photos the music video etc and Papa Pope’s comments. Indeed I can only affirm with gratitude that I believe that when Jesus Christ said’ I have come that they may have LIFE and have it in ALL ITS FULLNESS ‘ He was leaving in His Spirit a GREAT GIFT …..and happiness and JOY are holy outpourings living a life according to His Will and Purpose. Thank you for the reminder this day.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Faye, I adore your summations!!! I feel as if I should have you proof-read my writings so that your wisdom may bring them to a ‘fuller’ life! Thank you for sharing your wisdom! I truly value your prized replies.
Faye, the holy outpourings are the only treasures to seek in this world…for it is those very things which help us to obtain Heaven. I pray that we all may seek to fill our ‘wells’ with every drop of the grace & mercy He has to give. My most sincere hugs n’ blessings go out to you!
Enjoyed your happy blog. Showed great improvement from your spring joke to you choice of scriptures. 😀 😀 Just kidding you a bit about your joke. I’m trying to choose a favorite of the 10 items on list. That’s not easy, but “stagnant water becomes putrid” is a new thought to me so I guess I’ll go with it. Pictures are precious.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you dear friend! I love that you enjoyed the Scripture more than the joke…as it should be! Giggles. 🙊 Good luck with your chosen favorite. There is so much wisdom in what Papa shares…it is like drinking water from a fire-hydrant! 🙈
LikeLiked by 1 person
I know Oneta, I am the worst at jokes…but I refuse to give up trying. Giggles! I am grateful the Scriptures come more easily, praise be!! And yes, I agree. Stagnant waters was a most profound contemplation for me and I have folded this into my own Lenten practices this year in a very personal way. It is always good to have the waters flowing again, dont you agree?? HUGS!!!
Thank you for those scriptures! What a great reminder of God’s love and his promises to us! And I loved the Pope’s guidelines for happiness. What wisdom. Made me smile, reminded me to not speak poorly of others, and inspired me this Friday to be the best I can be. Regardless of what is going on around me or being done to me. Thank you!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I too was very grateful for the ‘happy’ reminders of what it means to capture the real joy in our lives. The world becomes much to heavy very quickly…in words & deeds and letting God be in control of some it this is a relief to me. Oh, if I could only remember this more readily I would save myself from losing the joy He has to bring me. Thank you for your kind words and know that it brings me great happiness to have your faith-filled feedback! HUGS!!!!